Sunday, 16 November 2008

hoodie

Hello everyone
V's lovely cardi reminded me to take a photo of my knitting in progress; I really want to finish this before Christmas, it's been on the go for nearly 3 years. I've just the sleeves to finish and the hood to do, and then there'll be the frightful task of putting in a zip.



While I'm here, I wanted to share a site I found today, it didn't have what I was looking for but it has a ton of other great projects.

Handcraft in a hectic world

What I was really looking for, and I think I'm going to have to make it up, lol, is a pattern for a hooded sweatshirt for R (12). The boys clothes out there are all so drab, and he really likes his bright colours. Plus, the ones he has had passed down from his older brother are so heavy and hard to wash and dry, being made from such heavy cotton. Didn't bother me 10 yrs ago, but now I'm trying not to use the dryer if I can help it, and they smell musty before they ever get properly dry. So... I thought I'd make some bright light acrylic fleecy ones. I think I'll just have to draw round one and wing it. Even if I can't get the bright fabric by the metre, I've seen some lovely fleece blankies which should be big enough. Bonus is that you don't have to finish the seams, as it doesn't fray.
Will let you know how I get on.
E
x

5 comments:

  1. thank you for the link E :-)
    I just love that wool , it'll look super when it's made up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lovely!
    I wish i could do the same.
    How long for me to learn to knit like this? :))
    I am so eager to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you put a zip onto wool, is it difficult, Im imagining by your comment its a bit tricky! I love the multi coloured wool on your cardi, I like bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great link. That will keep us all busy, lol. Your knitting looks great so far - keep going, I want to see the end result.

    I found a hoodie sewing pattern on Sew Mama Sew, but not sure if you wanted a free one.

    http://www.sewmamasew.com/ccp0-prodshow/PTFTTH.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link I left needs "tml" added to the end.

    It's on www.sewmamasew.com and search for hoodie. There was only one.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)