Saturday, 6 December 2008

Recycling cardigans

Here is my try at recycling cardigans :) I found out about recycling wool on Sam's blog there are instructions for it here On Purple goldfish . I undid the seams and got unravelling, it takes longer to undo the seams than I imagined but I'm really pleased with how it's gone. There are 9 balls of dark pink and so far 2 balls of lighter pink.
The wool has turned out thinker than I thought it would, almost like aran . . . . if anyone has any idea what size needle I should use I'd appreciate some advice. SO out of two of Naomi's cardigans that are too small I'm hoping to knit one that will fit.
It remindedme of winding wool with my nanna when i was a young girl (longer ago than I care to remember )
Oh and this next pic here is a square from the quilt I'm making. It's a square I did in brioche stitch, after much time battling with it I don't like the feel of it so I've already undone it and gone back to k2, p2.




4 comments:

  1. Well i tried the brioche but i made a lot of holes in my knitting, i need to get better.
    And i should know about brioche being french! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pile of wool :-) I love the sheer quantity that seems to appear, even from a small garment, and I love that something which would be "thrown away" can be given new life.
    Can't wait to see what you do with it all.
    The brioche square looks interesting. Maybe, now you've tried it, you'll be able to use it some other time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and needle size - 5mm? I just try them all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I'll have to buy myself some more bbigger needles, the 5mm one makes it tight and rigid almost.
    Yes I was amazed how many balls it made you, when I'm wearing a cardi I don't think of the amount of wool I'm wearing lol

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)