Sunday, 7 December 2008

What do you think?

This is a brooch that someone has specially commissioned but I'm just not happy with it...wondering whether to pull it all out and start over. What do you crafty ladies of impeccable taste think?

It is essential that it is bright with dangles and some (minimal) beading - that's part of the brief *grin*. Wondering if two dangles is a dangle too much. Or perhaps it needs some other kind of additional dangle so that it doesn't look quite so much like a pair of eyes hanging down?

5 comments:

  1. Well, I like the shape, and I like the dangles. For me, the thing that is catching at me is the outer colour - which (to me) is very "flesh" pink. Maybe that is why you thought it looked like dangly eyes. :-)

    That's just my thoughts. I'm not a pink person, so it's very much a biased opinion. Hope that helps and doesn't offend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shape too - maybe the danglies could do with some black or dark pink around the edge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it :) maybe the dangles could have a couple of beads dangling off them or a couple of smaller circles . . . . just thinking aloud really - you are sooo good at crochet - I love the little cakes on your blog :)
    hey i love that new knecklace on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies.

    I don't think I'll agree again to make something for someone without more specific instructions - it's hard to know what they really want and expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cool.

    If you're worried about your dangly bits..perhaps get them to dangle a bit more..like..elongate the bottom bits for more movement.

    I'm going to have a go at making the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)