Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Am I going mad?

Will anyone actually want to recieve a granny square made with this frankly quite silly yarn for their granny square project? I hope so because I bought 3 balls of the stuff! One is the colour used here, the other is purple and the other black. I think it's probably a love it or hate it thing. :)It's New Fizz by Sirdar, and I think it's a bit fabulous, if a complete bugger to crochet with - just not sure if others in the granny square project will agree?
I got a couple of other new balls of yarn yesterday too, so could get on with some crocheting - got 4 granny squares done in all, bring my total so far to 8. Here are the other ones I made yesterday:


8 comments:

  1. I love it :0)
    You're doing well - not started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've still not worked out the logistics of it all but after seeing that New Fizz square I'm in!

    So we all make six squares - presumably knitted, crocheted, felted or woven??

    Do we all end up with some other people's squares to make a group thing of our own or is it to be turned into one big piece?

    Sorry, I've not done anything like this before and can be slow on the uptake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire - we're all making a square each for every other person in the project - at the moment I think there's 18 of us (though I'd have to check that), so each person is making 17 squares, to be sent out to the other 17 women in the project. Once each person has all their squares from everyone else, they are making whatever they like out of them.

    Shall I put the New Fizz one aside for you, then? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think New Fizz is pretty fine myself. Wouldn't say no to one of those Fizzy jobblies. :D
    I've been away for a couple of days and have been madly knitting my squares with eyelash yarn (anyone would think I'd been bored without my computer) and I'm really pleased with them.
    I'm thinking of a small throw with the squares I get back.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh those sound lovely, Eleanor. I'll carry on and do some more with the New Fizz then. I've done black one tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey they're lovely Debs :-) i love the fizz stuff - purple , i love purple , hint hint ;-)

    nice to see you back E xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee, I'll have a go at a purple one tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)