Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Love making hearts

Hello everyone, I'm new to The Crafty Blog but have been browsing everyone elses lovely crafts for a while now and have longed to join you all.

I have made a few bits and pieces over the last year or so and intend to make many more decorative things in the future. I love making hearts and found a nice heart pattern in a book I borrowed from the library (which is now on my ever growing Amazon Wish List!), "Sew Pretty Homestyle: ..." by Tone Finnanger.

All the materials and buttons I use are from a recycle store or out-grown family clothes.

The heart is very simple to sew and it matches our newly decorated bedroom really well.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Thats so pretty. The book looks very interesting too, I'll have to keep an eye out for a copy (although like you I have a long amazon list - you can never have enough books!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely idea, and I like that you recycle, I do too, can't wait for the car boot season to start again to refresh my bead and button supply.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Elaine :-) lovely to see you, the heart's lovely x thank you for coming and joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely heart, especially since it's recycled :-) I've just been admiring the Christmas version of the book (online). So many wonderful books out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats lovley, I like the idea of using recycled items :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments ladies. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)