Sunday, 8 February 2009

Neapolitan Ice Cream Scarf

I've crocheted this scarf from a recycled charity shop jumper, which was cream, pink and dark brown stripes, hence the 'Neapolitan Ice Cream' effect - vanilla, strawberry and chocolate!
It's really long, and goes around the neck twice (so it's lovely and warm!) with plenty left to hang nicely down the front. All done in US double crochet (I don't know what the UK term is for it - the book I learned from is American!) I was really tempted to keep it, but I made to sell, so sell it I will. I crocheted it length-wise, which was a really great way to do it, and it was really quick to do, all done and dusted in a couple of days. :)

Now that I've finally learned it, I much prefer crocheting to knitting. I love the way you move along with the work, like a spider making a web, and I also love how easy it is to unravel and find where you were etc if you make a mistake. And creating something like this scarf is a breeze as you can do it length-wise, which would be tricky if knitting. :)

4 comments:

  1. Another great scarf - I think the stripes look really funky!

    You've listed all the reasons why I prefer crochet to knitting, and you probably knit better than me, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - love the idea of ice-cream colours, and I've almost mastered the crochet lark, so I might have to have a go at mint choc chip. I find changing colours a bit hard on the squares, but I could do it pale green and sew random little brown buttons on, or french knots or something. Now look what you've started me off on, lol.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh you're really speeding along now Debs :-)
    lovely

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)