Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Trousers

I made a pair of pj bottoms for Miles last week and he refused to wear them saying they were 'horrid'. Well, he eventually came round and has had them on ever since. I eventually got them off him this morning as they were scruffy, but he refused to put any other trousers on saying he will only wear trousers I have made.


So, I have run up this pair this morning but sadly we are back in the 'they're horrid' phase. Hopefully he'll learn to love these too :-) I think they're rather cute and took all of about half an hour to do from start to finish.
I think I could get into sewing clothes for the kids. Can anyone recommend where to get good basic patterns cheap?

7 comments:

  1. they're lovely Claire :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wear them! Is it a brushed cotton,I love it? Was thinking for sanpro. :)

    Here's a couple from my bookmarks for starters (they have links to tutorials all over the place)
    This one is for boys stuff:
    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=201

    and this one for girls
    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=212

    and this page
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182788.0

    Have more, will look them out.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL what a great story, II'm sure he'll soon love these too, heck if I could shrink myself I'd wear them!Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are lovely. I want some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links Eleanor. I've used one already and as soon as I've finished a hem I'll be blogging Miles' latest trousers - which happened to be Hermione's dress in a previous existence - and someone elses dress before I picked it up in a charity shop a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)