Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Look what I been making.....

This is my first post on here, so be gentle......

On holiday last year, I saw lovely bunting for sale in some of the craft shops in Cornwall. I wasn't going to pay their silly prices so I decided to make them myself and I finished them last night. I am so chuffed with myself, as it is the first time I have used my sewing machine on anything other than my scrapboking layouts. I have made them for DD2 room and bow I need to source some material for my other daughter.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great! It looks easy but then i don't know anything about sewing.
    Love the flowers on it.
    Good work!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya :-) aren't they lovely, they go well with your lightshade don't they. I love the starts on the ceiling too - i MUST decorate.
    lovely Lynsey :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. I really like bunting and made some for Miles' bedroom last year. I set off thinking it would be really easy but I found it quite tricky (or at least fiddly and time consuming) in the end.

    I was just thinking the other evening that I would love some harvest bunting and am going to keep an eye out for lovely autumnal fabric - or perhaps one with an apple print or the likes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bunting - well done! Did you find it cost effective to make your own in the end? I've been pricing up some materials for possible bunting but have found it more expensive than buying it lol.

    Claire - I lvoe the idea of harvest bunting - be sure to post that please!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)