Sunday, 3 May 2009

Saying Hello

Thank you to Dawniy for inviting me to join this blog.
I am Hannah, I blog at
Home Baked Education. I'm a single parent to Cameron who is 9, we have been home educating for two and a bit years.
I try to incorporate creativity into my life as much as possible through a variety of methods. I am self taught at everything so the quality of items varies!
I taught myself the basics of knitting from a children's library book in October 2007 and am enjoying tentatively trying out new things. I tend to prefer making my own patterns rather than trying to follow complicated (to me) instructions!
I was gifted a great sewing machine from another home educator via freecycle last year and am slowly trying to get to grips with using it.
I'm always looking for inspiration but tend to procrastinate about getting started - I love the idea about doing something crafty every day in May.
I'm looking forward to joining in and being part of a community of lovely creative women :o)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah - great to see you here! Being a regular reader of your blog I can tell that you definitely belong here :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hannah
    Welcome aboard, agree with K lol.
    I'm doing OK for the first 3 days of May, but working tonight, so might come unstuck tomorrow unless I can manage a bit of knitting with my eyes shut. Although a bank holiday car boot sale is calling me, (to buy not to sell) and I'm looking out for vintage sheets to make into tote bags - does thrifting count as crafty?
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcomes :o)
    Eleanor - I think thrifting definitely counts as crafty if you are going to turn it into something else. I found some gorgeous vintage embroidered pillowcases that would be great for crafty projects yesterday but they were really expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Hannah , nice to see you and thank you for posting :-) I'm sure you'll like the people on here they're really lovely.
    Is it ok if I add your blog to the list?
    d xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hannah,

    It's great to meet you, and Dawniy's right. We are lovely!

    threedegreesoffreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah,
    Welcome to the blog.
    Can't wait to see your creations :)
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)