Thursday, 7 January 2010

Bag from an Aran jumper

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope the very chilly weather is keeping everyone inside, tucked up near some heat and crafting!

I thought I'd show you the bag that I made for my sister. I had some scrap Aran jumper sections left after making a few snowmen and thought they'd be nice to use. Took me a few TV watching nights to complete but I was really happy with it once it was finished. Filled it with a butterfly charm bracelet which I bought from Folksy, a photo of the children and a necklace that I made using buttons and wire (but forgot to take a photo).

Aran bag, Ellie's Treasures 2009

As it happened, my sister did the same for me! She made a lovely Christmas drawstring bag and filled it with lots and lots of lovely crafts bits and bobs for me.

Sis's present to me - lots of crafts.

8 comments:

  1. A very cute little bag! You have to show us the necklace. Lucky you! look at all the crafty goodies :)
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveyl , what a nice idea :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, lovely. V cool.

    We made some earrings for my sis and she could not believe that they were made by us:o)) Woo hoo!!

    My joints are stopping me from knitting and crocheting at the mo. Any suggestions for remedies? I can't make a fist at the mo. I peed off with it. Have so much I want to do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minnie, I'm finding that the more I sew the more my fingers play up. I'm hoping it's the cold weather and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag... gifts plus a bag...bonus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and cuddly, love it!
    Freddie xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)