Sunday, 23 May 2010

Clothkits

If there's anyone out there like me, who has yet to graduate from using packs and kits, you might like this site. You might remember it from 20-odd years ago!

I had one of their dolls - Polly - when I was little and she now belongs to my 2 year old.

I bought one for my son that is nearly finished - still have to make most of the clothes.

I'm quite chuffed, considering I haven't sewn on more than a button before! Loads of mistakes - looks very "homemade" (check the legs!) but I'll get better :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word, now there's a blast from the past - I made a black haired Polly, she's long gone now, but you've brought back the memories.
    Your one is characterful, nothing wrong with wonky legs, I've got two of them.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them and made them for all of my (now grown) children. They are still being printed and this is done at a mill just a 10 minute drive away from my home. If anybody wants one email me and I'll get them next time I go to the mill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute :-) And so much more loveable for not being perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww love him :)
    I think we might have a go . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) It's SUCH fun to put together. Not cheap (about £20) but if you add all the hours of not-feeling-guilty-for-just-sitting-in-front-of-the-telly goodness it's worth it.

    Kinderfalls - would def like to do another one. How much would you get them for from the mill?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! My mum made these for me and my sister when we were little! We each ahd a boy and a girl, the arm on my boy doll was back to front! My nieces have them now :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)